It may be simple to write an essay, but when it comes to providing examples to prove the credibility of your points, students might feel the struggle there. If it isn’t the first time you are writing an illustration essay, you must know that collecting evidence and maintaining a logical structure throughout the paper is sometimes so confusing. It can shake the confidence and competency of a student. However, in this article, we intend to ease your writing process with simple organizable steps.
Defining an Illustration Essay
You have seen picture books for toddlers. Every fruit, vegetable, animal, flower, and scene of a story is illustrated followed by words of identification. This lets the children visualize the element and retain the information in the most effective way. It is very similar in the case of illustration essays. It’s a type of essay or a research paper that allows you to prove your main points of explanation through illustrations. This is why it is also called an example paper. The examples don’t provide any added discovery, it just clarifies what you are trying to convey.
Ideas to Select an Illustration Essay Topic
The first step to writing an assignment is to decide on a topic. If you don’t specify, you’re your theme, you will not be able to clarify what to write, and that is really stressful. So, it is better, to begin with the following brainstorming techniques.
- Focus on your own personal interest. If you are aware of the context, the research time and labor, both become easy and quick. This will eventually improve your writing process. When you are passionate about your topic, you develop more creative ideas with lesser effort.
- Get inspired by your surroundings. Pay attention to little details around you; watch videos, movies, and TV shows carefully; read texts and communicate with people; take professional help with paper writing by penmypaper. The more observant you are, the more chances you get to understand the latest trends. This can help you get fresh ideas.
- Your motive should be to express your points, not to make an impression on your teachers. Trying harder to write on a critical topic is not a smart way to achieve a good grade. In fact, this can be the reason for poor content that you have minimum knowledge of.
- The key to uniqueness is to think outside the box. If you find a topic that not many people have discussed earlier, it can be a way to catch the interest of your audience. An original topic will give you more space for applying your creativity.
- Keep your topic specific; don’t make it too broad. Choosing a wider context can confuse you with too much information. It will be difficult for you to prioritize the points of discussion and respective examples. This will make it even harder to meet the assignment requirements.
Tips to Write an Illustration Essay Paper
Once you have determined your topic, you may begin the research process. The purpose here is to educate your readers irrespective of their knowledge and experience on the topic. Therefore, to write a successful illustration paper, you have to plan ahead.
- The primary task here is to decide the objective of your topic. Develop a thesis statement followed by at least three main points to prove the idea. PenMyEssays say that it should state the background and purpose of your decided topic, as well as, provide a direction to the body segment.
- Prepare a list of examples in support of your discussion. Research authentic resources and compile relevant historical events, documented inventions, scholarly works, personal experiences, etc. to demonstrate your theory.
- Exploring all the facts will be enough to make an outline of your illustration paper. It follows a typical essay structure – introduction, body, and conclusion. Use the note-making method to jot down the main points, sub-points, and illustrative points in an orderly sequence, so that you are able to write your first draft efficiently.
- The list you prepared of possible examples needs to be narrowed down. You have to match the assignment requirements, so, each illustration you picked should adjust the length accordingly. On average, students are found to write three body paragraphs. Each one of them should consist of one to two examples to make a justification.
- While you outline the paper note down the references as well. As a student, you must be aware of the consequences of plagiarism, and to avoid it you need to quote the sources of information in the bibliography section at the end of your illustration paper.
- Recheck your illustration essay to identify any grammatical errors and contextual mistakes. In case of any shortcomings edit the paper the final time before submission.
You might have deduced by now that the writing process is not that complicated if you follow the fundamental guidelines precisely. All that is required is to understand the materials and apply the rules. Don’t forget to buy an essay paper or go through education-related blogs to check out a sample illustration paper to get a headstart.