The Meaning of Sales Coaching
Pearl Lemon Sales is an award winning sales training company which offers sales training to any team in any niche.
In simple terms, sales coaching training is defined as a continuous process of individual teaching by sales managers to improve rep performance. They assist and guide sellers to achieve their objectives. The main motive of a sales coach is to improve and enhance the skills and mindset of sales people for better performance and overall increase in sales growth by mentoring them in their journey towards success.
- Boosts employee retention rates- This means that even though there may be greater wages or earnings elsewhere, professional development opportunities will prompt many others to stay where they are.
- Better Understanding- By coaching, sales managers make representatives see things from a different, more suitable perspective. They are able to make concrete decisions using critical thinking skills which leads to higher chances of success in terms of revenue or sales volume.
- Partnership and Participation- There’s always room for improvement, and learning never stops. Sales coaches connect with their representatives and compare success rates of top performers which influences the rest of the team of representatives and induce them to share tips and tricks which can make them succeed and reach even greater heights.
There are a couple of techniques sales coaches use to help their clients. Some of them include:
Nothing can be properly assessed unless data and facts are acknowledged. In order to verify success rates, coaches use a steady metric system to measure the rise and fall of sales. According to that, they form a tentative conclusion to determine the change of sales. Then the coaches discuss these trends with their team to make them offer advice or training to employees interested.
Do it Yourself
This is a clever method used by many coaches with employees. They offer constructive feedback and instructions which are phrased in such a way that it navigates the sales representative to form their own analogies, which also leads to independence and self improvement.
Sales coaches are there only to guide along the way, not to make the decisions for sales representatives. They ask questions to which the representatives have to come up with their own conclusions. One thing to keep in mind is that they are only present as a helping tool, for assistance and advice when representatives feel lost, or feel the need to up their game.
There are a plethora of training programs to consider online if you are looking to enhance your own abilities and decision making skills. Some good ones to look out for have been listed below:
- Sales Coaching Training for Managers- This is a free lesson offered by HubSpot Academy which you have to just sign up for. It consists of three videos with a duration of thirty nine minutes each.
- Richardson’s Sales Coaching Program- This Sprint Sales program helps users gain insight into personal biases and communication skills to increase accountability and enhanced performance.
- RAINS Sales Coaching- Another online program, this one has over seventy modules full of all the sales content you need. It has the tools and reading equipment to become the best sales coach you can be.
- Udemy Sales Coaching- A well known platform for education and career improving, this course offers eleven resources and an hour long video which you pay for along with certification.
- CMOE Sales Coaching- This course has an instructor leading the program throughout, live or self paced digital viewing depending on your capacity to learn, blending topics in and a 4-16 hour instructor led module.