Developers of the present era have no dearth of coding resources. They search for one resource, and they end up having multiple options. Now, this abundance is both a good and bad thing. Good thing because developers will never be out of options. It is a bad thing because it becomes very difficult to determine which resource should be picked.
Python and .Net are the two most commonly used programming languages, and they both are enjoying great market demand.
As both have different offerings, developers have to make up their minds and decide which one will work for their project. Also, as a product owner or a business, you might want to understand if it’s good to hire Python developers or if .Net professionals will be better for your needs.
If you’re also facing this dilemma, this post can bring huge clarity as it has a detailed Python vs .Net comparison.
Overview of Python and .Net
Before you need to pick one out of these two, you need to understand the basics. Let’s start with Python, which was developed by Guido Van Rossum, a Dutch program and it’s a dynamically-typed programming language. It’s high-level and is best known for quick debugging.
On the other hand, .Net is not a programming language. But a complete development framework that developers can use at zero cost. You can hire dedicated net developers to use a wide range of languages, libraries, and editors as they design mobile applications, web applications, games, desktop tools, IoT devices, and so on.
The Edge Of Python
As a python user, you’re bound to experience benefits that include:
- Direct code execution: As it’s an interrupted language, it executes code line by line. When an error takes place, Python will stop the code execution.
- Easy learning curve: Python is a go-to language, and even beginners can use it without much hassle. It has an English-like syntax that makes it easy to read, write, and learn.
- Quick development: With a wide range of integration and unit testing frameworks, development is swift if you pick Python.
- Extensive library support: As long as you have Python by your side, you don’t have to worry about accessibility to development resources. Its library is huge and offers a wide range of web service tools, string operations, and other development resources. Need more than what’s offered? You can use the Python package index that offers a further 200 thousand packages that you can import for your project.
- Operations on multiple platforms without doing any changes in the code- As Python is offered with a wide range of system-dependent features, there is no need to change the codes as you work on multiple platforms.
When To Try Python
Python, with all these exceptional features and facilities, is going to be a great resource for the development of projects that involves:
- Web applications
- Data science and visualizations
- Web scraping
- CAD-based tools
- Mobile application development
- Embedded application
- Game application development
- AI and Machine learning tool development
So, if your project revolves around any of these, it’s time to Hire Python Developers.
The Edge Of .Net
Before you want to hire a .Net developer, learn what benefits are waiting for you.
- Work with multiple languages – .Net is compatible with Visual Basics, C#, and F languages. So, you’re not limited to one language.
- Run codes on all the platforms – The code that you will develop using .Net will run natively across the OS. This way, it’s easy to develop cross-platform apps.
- Consistent API – The base class libraries and API that .Net provides are common for all the .Net applications.
- Extendible library – With the .Net package ecosystem, NuGet, you get to enjoy over 100,000 packages for your development.
- Active community – As it’s an open-source platform, many .Net developers have used it. Hence, you will enjoy great community support with .Net. With over 100,000 OSS contributors and 3,700 OSS company contributors, .Net enjoys a great market presence and recognition.
When To Try .Net
The kind of functionalities .Net brings to the table makes it an ideal choice for the development of:
- IoT devices
- Web services and web API
- Mobile and desktop applications
- Machine learning
Python v/s .Net – Who Wins The Battle
From the above comparison, it’s clear that both Python and .Net are dependable development resources. However, they both have different features.
- Python, being an easy language, is perfect for beginners. With .Net, you must be equipped with basic knowledge of language constructs such as functions and classes.
- .Net languages and frameworks are static. Hence, code compilation is required before introducing it into the system. Python is a dynamic language and won’t ask for any code compilation.
Before picking out one out of these two, i.e. Python vs .Net, you need to figure out your development requirements. Once that‘s clear, pick a resource that matches the best with what your project demands.