Gemstones, used in jewelry, are basically minerals or racks that have been cut or polished.They are typically made of minerals that are hard and have a high refractive index. The most popular natural gemstones are diamonds, rubies, sapphires, and emeralds.
Gemstones come in a wide range of colors, including black, blue, brown, gray, green, orange, pink, red, white, and yellow. The type of gemstone can also be classified by its transparency, luster, and hardness.
If you’re looking for a list of gemstone names by color and type, then you’ve come to the right place! Here is a comprehensive guide to all the different types of natural gemstones, sorted by color.
List of gemstones by color
There are many different types of gemstones, and they come in a wide variety of colors. While some gemstones are more well-known than others, all gemstones are beautiful and have their own unique properties.
Below is a list of gemstones organized by color. We hope you enjoy learning about all the different gemstones and their colors.
Red gemstones are said to symbolize power, passion, and energy. They are often associated with love, desire, and strength. Some of the most popular red gemstones include:
Pink gemstones are often associated with love, compassion, and kindness. They are also thought to represent femininity, gentleness, and sweetness. In some cultures, pink is considered to be a lucky color. Among the most popular pink gemstones are:
Orange gemstones are said to symbolize happiness, creativity, and good fortune. Some of the most popular orange gemstones include.
Yellow gemstones are associated with happiness, intellect, and energy. The most popular yellow gemstones are:
Each of these stones has unique metaphysical properties that can support different areas of your life.
Green gemstones are said to symbolize growth, fertility, and new beginnings. They are also said to represent hope, nature, and peace. It is assumed that green opal stones have healing powers and mend relationships. Some of the most popular green gemstones are:
Blue gemstones are often associated with trust, loyalty, wisdom, and confidence. They are believed to promote peace, harmony, and calm. The most popular blue gemstones include:
Purple gemstones are associated with royalty, luxury, and power. Amethyst, the most popular purple gemstone, is said to represent sobriety and peace of mind. Other popular purple gemstones include:
- Lavender jadet
- Purple sapphire
White gemstones are believed to symbolize purity, innocence, and new beginnings. The most popular white gemstones include:
Black gemstones are often associated with strength, power, and mystery. Some of the most popular black gemstones include:
Brown gemstones are some of the most popular gemstones on the market. They are known for their beauty and unique color. Brown gemstones are also known for their symbolization. Some of the most popular brown gemstones include:
Gray gemstones are some of the most popular gemstones on the market today. They are known for their beauty and elegance. Gray gemstones are also known for their symbolization of strength and power. Some of the most popular gray gemstones include:
List of gemstones by type
There are many different types of gemstones, each with its own unique properties. Here is a list of some of the most popular gemstones, sorted by type:
- Diamonds—One of the most popular gemstones, diamonds are known for their hardness, durability, and sparkle.
- Rubies—Rubies are a type of gemstone that is red in color. They are often used in jewelry and are considered to be very valuable.
- Sapphires-The sapphire is a type of gemstone that is most commonly found in shades of blue, but can also be found in a variety of other colors.
- Emeralds-Emeralds are one of the most popular gemstones and are known for their beautiful green color.
- Pearls—Pearls are a type of gemstone that is formed inside of a mollusk. The mollusk secretes a substance called nacre, which coats the irritant and forms the pearl.
Each type of gemstone has its own special meaning and is said to possess certain properties. For example, diamonds are associated with strength and endurance, while rubies are said to represent passion and love. Sapphires are often seen as symbols of wisdom and fidelity, while emeralds are associated with luck and good fortune. Pearls are believed to represent purity and innocence.
Gemstones can also be classified into different types based on their chemical composition, and the most common types include:
- Silicate: The largest group of minerals, including quartz, feldspar, tourmaline, and jade
- Oxide: Includes turquoise, lapis lazuli, and opal
- Carbonate: Includes calcite, pearls, and coral
- Sulfate: Includes lapis lazuli and kunzite
- Sulfide: Includes cinnabar and pyrite
- Halide: Includes fluorite and topaz
- Phosphate: Includes apatite and turquoise
- Silica: Includes opal, chalcedony, and agate
- Organic: Includes amber, jet, and pearl
Whatever your personal preferences, there is sure to be a gemstone that is perfect for you.
Gemstones are rocks or minerals that have been cut and polished to be used in jewelry.